- Adelaide's North-South Corridor
- Northern Expressway
- Northern Connector Project
- South Road Superway
- Torrens Road to River Torrens Project
- Torrens to Darlington Project (T2D)
- South Road Planning (River Torrens to Anzac Highway)
- Gallipoli Underpass
- Regency Road to Pym Street
- Darlington Upgrade Project
- Additional Works
Southern Expressway Duplication
- Contact the project team
- Subscribe for project and traffic information
- Follow DIT on Twitter for project/traffic updates
- Like DIT on Facebook for project/traffic updates
Southern Expressway open to two-way traffic
The Southern Expressway opened to two-way traffic on Sunday 3 August 2014.
Please click here to download a copy of our latest brochure, providing information on how to use the duplicated expressway. Please observe and obey on-site signage and take care whilst driving along the expressway and through the interchanges.
The $407.5 million duplication of the Southern Expressway is a key part of the development of Adelaide's north-south corridor and delivers an 18.5 kilometre multi-lane, two-way expressway between Bedford Park and Old Noarlunga.
This provides people living in Adelaide’s south with improved access to employment, education, shopping and community facilities and puts Adelaide’s southern beaches and the McLaren Vale wine region within easier reach.
The duplicated expressway supports economic activity in Adelaide’s southern commercial and industrial areas like Reynella, Lonsdale and Noarlunga Centre and helps the state achieve identified targets in the South Australia Strategic Plan.