- Adelaide's North-South Corridor
- Northern Expressway
- Northern Connector Project
- South Road Superway
- Torrens Road to River Torrens Project
- River Torrens to Darlington
- South Road Planning (River Torrens to Anzac Highway)
- Gallipoli Underpass
- Regency Road to Pym Street
- Darlington Upgrade Project
- Additional Works
The Northern Expressway Project consists of two components: the new Northern Expressway and the Port Wakefield Road Upgrade. The Northern Expressway is a new 23 kilometre road with a pedestrian and cycle pathway linking the Gawler Bypass with Port Wakefield Road at a point about three kilometres north of the Waterloo Corner Road intersection.
To meet the demand of increased traffic volumes generated by the new expressway, Port Wakefield Road has been upgraded at key intersections between Waterloo Corner Road and Salisbury Highway. The Northern Expressway project is a joint initiative by the Australian and South Australian governments under the Australian Government's Land Transport Investment Program. It is the largest road construction project in the state since the 1960s.
Project time frame
September 2008 - September 2010